adidas UltraBOOST ST is the UltraBOOST stability running shoe overpronators can enjoy and experience support for longer miles.
If you love the design and technology of adidas UltraBOOST and you’ve been looking for a stability shoe to correct overpronation or over flattening of arch, the UltraBOOST ST Parley is what you should look for. This athletic shoe has the renowned BOOST technology with cushioning designed to correct overpronation.
Not only that, adidas UltraBOOST ST Parley also has recycled ocean plastics (from Parley For The Oceans) which are made into thread and woven into this running shoe. adidas Parley, which is an official collaboration product line between adidas and Parley For The Oceans, attempts to give solution to the ocean plastic problem by expanding its plastic cultivation to more athletic product lines.
There are many models of adidas with BOOST technology (i.e. Clima, Uncaged, X, 19, ATR, etc.) but it’s the UltraBOOST ST model that has the overpronation correction. This running shoe is recommended for long urban runs. Although, the adidas UltraBOOST ST Parley has a normal arch type, it has a Stabilising Torsion System which consists of a lightweight arch support that allows the forefoot and rearfoot to move independently adapting to various surfaces without straining the foot.
RELATED: Best Shoes for Overpronation
Notable features of adidas UltraBOOST ST Parley
Here are shoe specifications that make the UltraBOOST ST Parley special:
- weight: 294 g
- midsole drop: 8 mm
- adidas Primeknit textile upper which digitally knits the entire upper in just one piece
- textile lining
- Flexible Stretchweb outsole which adapts and moves with the foot
- Continental Rubber outsole for at least 30% more traction than any conventional rubber outsole in wet and dry conditions
- dual-density BOOST cushioning under the arch providing midfoot support
- Flexible midfoot Fitband which hugs the foot for secure flexibility
- Fitcounter heel for unrestricted fit
- Stabilising Torsion System which keeps you supported from landing to push-off
The BOOST Technology
This extremely popular technology in the midsole uses a material called thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) which compresses during impact to deliver better shock absorption and incredible cushioning, then, instantly bounces back to its original shape delivering the highest energy return.
The BOOST technology in the midsole which was first unveiled in 2013 in the attempt of adidas to revolutionize the industry has now become one of the most desirable technologies in the market today. In fact, many experienced runners consider the UltraBOOST as the best athletic shoe adidas has invented.
Who should wear the adidas UltraBOOST ST Parley?
This running shoe is best for those people who have fallen arches (or flat feet) and overpronation because it has the much needed arch support that can correct this type of foot biomechanics.
Overpronators need enough arch support because they tend to have weaker leg muscles and over flattening of arch causing the foot to roll inward more than the ideal 15% just to stabilize and align the body for the next stride.
Who should not wear the adidas UltraBOOST ST Parley?
You should avoid this shoe if you’re a supinator or if your foot rolls outward on an impact because it will have the wrong support for your foot mechanics, therefore, could result in pain in the calf and hamstring muscles even during your initial run.
Most helpful reviews from actual consumers
Here are some of the most helpful customer reviews of adidas UltraBOOST ST Parley:
- Very comfortable and lightweight
- Can go long runs with no issues even for sensitive knees and hips
- It’s thicker and so soft inside
- They were a little small on the toe and narrow across the front
- Great comfort and never been disappointed
- Delighted with recycled plastics when it comes to comfort
- A favorite long distance running shoe that keeps the shin splints away
- Very comfortable and worth buying
- Comfortable, stylish, well made
- Very comfortable, flexible, and cushioning is great
According to our runner who tested this shoe for over a month, the adidas UltraBOOST ST Parley offers true comfort and support on long distance urban runs. With its extremely popular BOOST technology in the midsole and breathable Primeknit textile upper, you can expect that this running shoe will deliver the best performance and luxurious cushion adidas can offer.
So far, the materials used in the UltraBOOST ST Parley are holding up, but we hope that the recycled ocean plastics used as main materials in building this shoe will also last longer considering the price of the shoe. If in case you prefer to wear non-recycled materials, go for the UltraBOOST ST.