Our top pick in the best soccer cleats for strikers is Adidas X Ghosted+.
No other feared player on the soccer field can cause an upset on the opponent’s territory than a fearless striker who knows how to create chances and is a prolific goal scorer.
Every team member wants their favorite goal-scorer to have high morale. And it is the coach’s usual game plan to make his center forward play throughout the game.
An excellent soccer striker has the following unique attributes:
- He has natural talent and a unique instinct.
- He has excellent speed that can peel off any defender in a one-to-one situation.
- He has a strong body that can withstand the physical challenges of any defender (although the striker doesn’t need to be stronger than the defender).
- He has excellent ball control and dribbling skills.
- He has a remarkable ability to pass the ball under pressure.
- He has an exceptional ability to score a goal with just one touch.
- He has great power and accuracy on both feet.
- He has a unique strategy to position himself for great scoring opportunities.
- He has a high level of confidence that can beat the odds.
What are the Best Soccer Cleats for Strikers?
The best soccer cleats for strikers are speed cleats made with the most lightweight materials to help the striker speed up and change direction with ease. If you are a striker and you’re looking to improve your game on the soccer field, try these speed cleats with great touch on the ball.
Disclosure: We provide links to shoes mentioned in our reviews and use affiliate links to earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. This site is an associate of Nike and Soccer.
Best Soccer Cleats for Strikers
Here’s a list of the best soccer cleats for strikers:
– Adidas X Ghosted+ –
Adidas X Ghosted+ is arguably the best modern laceless soccer cleat you can wear. In fact, most professional strikers depend on it than any other laceless boot on the market today.
Having no laces on the upper allows for more precise ball control, which increases your chances of scoring a goal on one touch.
This soccer cleat directly competes with any speed cleat. And if you are looking for the best barefoot-like sensation in football boots, the models of X Ghosted are arguably your best options.
Notable features of Adidas X Ghosted+:
- A Mirageskin upper with a translucent optic that molds to your foot.
- Wireframe support in the upper.
- A 3D heel with cushions and an anti-slip lining.
- A unique Carbon Fiber SpeedFrame for an explosive take-off.
– Nike Mercurial Superfly 8 –
Nike Mercurial Superfly 8 is arguably the most feared speed cleat when it comes to acceleration. In fact, it makes perfect sense that some defenders will be forced to wear speed cleats to match the speed of the fastest players using the Superfly 8.
This soccer cleat doesn’t only have the most lightweight materials; it has a new Speed Band technology around the forefoot, which keeps the foot locked in and always ready for acceleration. It makes every take-off an explosive one through the help of its Nike Aerotrak 2 soleplate.
Other notable features of Nike Mercurial Superfly 8:
- “Avail Q” microfiber lining across the upper for better ball control.
- Dynamic Fit collar and interior heel cushioning, designed to secure the heel and provide compression and support around the ankle.
- NikeGrip technology on the insole, which makes it an anti-slip insole.
- Chevron studs, which provide instant multidirectional traction.
– Nike Phantom GT –
If you have super wide feet, Nike Phantom GT is for you. This boot feels like a wide Mercurial but a bit more capable of side-to-side movements because of its roots being Phantom Venom and Vision. Although it may not be as fast as the Mercurials in acceleration, it won’t hold you back when you run at top speed.
Nike Phantom GT has a unique Generative Texture all over its one-piece Flyknit upper, which offers a precise touch and control on the ball. Its updated stud layout provides dynamic traction for quick changes in the lateral direction.
– PUMA Ultra 1.2 –
The Ultra 1.2 is PUMA’s own speed cleat, and it directly competes with the models of Adidas X Ghosted and Nike Mercurials. This boot has more volume and feels more padded than the other speed cleats. And it appears to have the best value for money considering the technology and innovations invested in it.
PUMA Ultra 1.2 has a MATRYXEVO woven upper, which provides dependable support even at high speeds. It has a GripControl Pro coating, which gives you better control of the ball. A Nano Grip sock liner that holds your foot down and prevents it from sliding. And a Pebax SpeedUnit outsole that can propel you forward during acceleration.
– PUMA FUTURE Z 1.1 –
If you are a creative and super energetic striker who needs a soccer cleat that can follow your foot even during awkward situations, PUMA FUTURE Z 1.1 is for you.
This soccer cleat has an adaptive FUZIONFIT+ compression band that runs from the medial side all the way to the lateral side of the midfoot, providing optimal locked-in fit for agility and support for any explosive movements.
PUMA FUTURE Z 1.1 has structured support in the heel and forefoot with GripControl Pro technology to control the ball better. It has a Dynamic Motion System asymmetric outsole for multidirectional movement and traction on any natural surfaces.
– New Balance Furon V6+ –
If you are looking for the best locked-in fit and the finest support around your heel, this is the speed cleat for you.
New Balance Furon V6+ is one of the most comfortable soccer cleats you can wear this year, with technologies that blend well with the most lightweight, high-quality materials. It has a soft lining with plenty of comfortable padding.
Notable features of New Balance Furon V6+:
- Hypoknit upper with Fit Weave technology for stability and a sock-like fit.
- Hyposkin clear film on the upper that resists water.
- infiniGRIP insert for stability and reduced foot slippage.
The striker is the team’s primary scoring threat, and he should be a prolific goal scorer who can create opportunities, can hardly be stopped by any defender, and can finish well.
One player can only be left on the opponent’s territory to challenge the defenders – the striker. But when defenders give the striker enough distance, he can score a crucial goal for his team.
If you are a center forward, you must have an exceptional ability to score a goal with just one touch. And this requires nothing less than your best soccer cleats.
But with today’s technology and innovations, it is now possible for a football boot to do everything on the soccer field. In case you are caught up with overwhelming options and cannot decide, choose your most comfortable speed cleats, the ones that can be one with your feet.
You may also like: