Did you know that grape seed oil is a preferred cosmetic substance for skin care? This extract is more abundant in linoleic acid than many cosmetic oils used to moisturize the skin. Linoleic acid belongs to the essential fatty acids which the body needs but cannot produce on its own, therefore will need the help of a food to do it.
If you believe that wine (when consumed the right way) is a contributor to longevity and lowers risk of heart disease, you’ll surely love grape seed oil because it’s the important by-product used in winemaking.
5 Major Grape Seed Oil Benefits
After series of experiments on grape seed oil extract, here are major health benefits you can enjoy for life; grape seed oil:
1. Reduces LDL levels. This is one of the claims supported by a reliable study in 1993. Grape seed oil not only reduces levels of bad (LDL) cholesterol, it also increases levels of high (HDL) cholesterol in the human body.
2. Promotes longevity. The extract has a powerful antioxidant, named proanthocyanidin, which is considered stronger than Vitamins C and E when it comes to controlling the effect of free radicals (the primary cause of aging) in the human body. Other plants also have good amounts of proanthocyanidin for which cocoa beans has the highest recorded concentrations.
3. Fights inflammation. The extract reduces harmful inflammation and is a good remedy for wounds and sunburns, it can even prevent scar tissues from forming.
4. Reduces risk of heart attack. The extract is high in polyunsaturated fat, a promising substance that can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
5. Reduces risk of breast cancer. According to a study in 2010, consumption of high amounts of polyunsaturated fat resulted in a reduced risk of breast cancer by 25%.
The extract also has clean and light taste, which makes it a good addition to your baked goods, salad dressings, even spices, although it’s not recommended for cooking if you want to benefit from its polyunsaturated fat because this fat is easily destroyed by heat.