Our top pick in the best youth soccer cleats is adidas X 19.1.
When you are just starting out as a soccer player, it is important that you get the best equipment possible to maximize comfort and support during training. Since you are already aware that you have to prepare your body for a high impact sport where you have to last at least 90 minutes on the pitch, how to get to your tip-top shape determines how well you choose your equipment. Of all your soccer equipment, the most important piece is your soccer cleat.
There are two types of soccer shoe materials – leather and synthetic – with leather as the most comfortable material. But depending on the type of shoe you choose, the best soccer cleat is snug in every part of your foot the moment you try it on. And as a newcomer, you should avoid wearing soccer cleats that aren’t comfortable or don’t fit well.
What are the Best Youth Soccer Cleats?
The best youth soccer cleats are the ones that are built for comfort and are best in control. Since the modern soccer cleats already provide an ergonomic functionality for maximum performance, protection, and comfort, choose the ones that are exceptionally good.
5 Types of Soccer Cleats
Here are 5 types of soccer cleats (each type with a specific pitch assignment):
- Firm Ground cleats for natural grass
- FG/AG Hybrid cleats for natural and artificial grass
- Soft Ground cleats for wet and muddy fields
- Artificial Grass/Hard Ground cleats
- Indoor Soccer cleats
Wearing the right soccer cleats for the right pitch is very important for the newcomer. Since soccer players start at a young age, we have also hand-picked the best soccer cleats for beginners. If the top-end model doesn’t have your size, choose its junior model.
Disclosure: We provide links to shoes mentioned in our reviews and use affiliate links to earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. This site is an associate of Amazon, Nike, and Soccer.
Best Youth Soccer Cleats
1. Puma FUTURE 5.1 – Luis Suarez, FC Barcelona
2. Puma ONE 5.1
3. Puma ONE 20.1 – David Silva, Manchester City FC
4. Puma King Platinum – Romelu Lukaku, Inter Milan
5. adidas Copa 20.1
6. adidas Copa 20+
7. adidas Copa Mundial – Luke O’Nien, Sunderland AFC
8. adidas X 19.1 – Mohamed Salah, Liverpool FC
9. adidas X 19+ – Luka Jovic, Real Madrid CF
10. adidas Predator 20.1 – David Luiz, Arsenal FC
The soccer cleats with round studs give more stability and support and are usually used by forwards and strikers. Round studs are best for muddy and wet conditions when you play on natural grass. These soccer cleats are simply the favorites because they reduce pressure on your joints.
11. adidas predator 20+ – Paul Pogba, Manchester United FC
12. adidas Nemeziz 19.1 – Lionel Messi, FC Barcelona
13. adidas Nemeziz 19+ – Roberto Firmino, Liverpool FC
14. Nike Phantom Vision 2 – Alexandre Lacazette, Arsenal FC
15. Nike Phantom Venom – Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Liverpool FC
16. Nike Mercurial Vapor 14
17. Nike Mercurial Superfly 8
18. Nike Tiempo Legend 8 – Stevan Jovetic, AS Monaco FC
19. Nike Magista Opus II – Arda Turan, Galatasaray SK
20. Nike Premier II – Tommie Hoban, Republic of Ireland
The soccer cleats with blade studs (or mix blade and round studs) provide more grip on the ground, as well as superior turning ability and are usually used by defenders and midfielders. There’s a growing number of amateur and professional soccer players who prefer the mix blade and round studs because they have the best of both worlds – stability, superior turning ability, and quick release from ground.
21. New Balance Tekela v3 – Rose Lavelle, USWNT
22. New Balance Furon v6 – Sadio Mane, Liverpool FC
23. Mizuno Rebula 3 Japan – Aaron Hunt, Hamburger SV
24. Mizuno Morelia Neo III – Lazar Markovic, FK Partizan
25. Umbro Accuro 3
26. Under Armour Magnetico – Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool FC
Competitive Vs Recreational Soccer Cleats
If your purpose in playing soccer is just for recreational, you can choose an Academy soccer cleat or a low-end cleat. It’s the cheapest version of the model yet heavier (sometimes double the weight of the competitive cleat). And you’ll give up on support, comfort, and performance.
But if you are positioning yourself to become a great soccer player, don’t settle for less. Go for the highly competitive or semi-competitive soccer cleats. These cleats will help bring out the best in you. Yes, they have the most expensive prices but it’s worth it because they’re the lightest, most durable, and offers the best support, comfort, and performance.
Best Turf Youth Soccer Cleats
1. Nike HypervenomX Proximo II
2. Nike HypervenomX Phelon III
3. Nike MercurialX Victory VI
4. Nike MagistaX Proximo II
5. Nike MercurialX Proximo II
6. Nike MercurialX Finale II
7. Nike TiempoX Ligera IV
8. Nike MagistaX Onda II
9. adidas Mundial Team
10. adidas ACE Tango 17+ Purecontrol
Turf soccer shoes have better comfort and support than the regular soccer shoes due to the smaller protrusions on the sole of the shoes. They are also more flexible and absorb shock better than the regular soccer shoes. Although wearing turf shoes may not be allowed on official tournaments, you can use them during practice especially when the field is not in its best condition. Turf shoes are also helpful if you experience foot fatigue but couldn’t miss a practice with your team.
Best Indoor Youth Soccer Shoes
1. JOMA Top Flex
2. JOMA Super Regate
3. adidas Mundial Goal
4. adidas Samba Classic
5. adidas ACE 16.3 Primemesh
6. adidas MESSI 16.3
7. Nike Mercurial X Proximo II
8. Nike Hypervenom X Proximo
9. Nike Magista X Proximo II
10. Nike Magista X Onda II
You can use an indoor soccer shoe for leisure and street wear because it mimics a lightweight sneaker or resembles a tennis shoe. But you have to be aware that indoor soccer shoes have less cushioning than running shoes so you might need to add special shoe inserts to provide more comfort and support if you use them for running.
You may also like:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do soccer cleats make you kick better?
All soccer cleats are made for kicking. But there are exceptional ones that are best in control and more lightweight. These are the soccer cleats that can make you kick better.