A true winter boot can give you more warmth and protection in real cold winter conditions. But for a winter boot to be among your most wished for, it must also be fashionable and fits well with your daily winter ventures whether you ride on a sled with your kids, go for city snowscapes, go winter camping, build a winter bonfire, go for an off-road adventure, or just simply go to work. It’s true that wearing an excellent pair of winter boots can easily win compliments from people around you.
While it’s easy to get lost in the midst of good-looking winter footwear, today’s cutting edge technology, which centers its focus on foot health, makes it also easy to find quality, comfort, and style in one amazing shoe. The winter boots of today are more sure-footed, have seam-sealed waterproof construction, thermal reflective insoles, absorb shock and support your feet efficiently, and are comfortably warmer, too. But you might also like the classic low profile designs in some winter boots which many still find stylish and essential.
Here’s our list of the best winter boots for 2014:
Best Winter Boots for Women
1. UGG Bailey Button Boot
2. UGG Australia Adirondack Boot
3. Sorel Joan Of Arctic Boot (Waterproof)
4. Sorel Cumberland Boot (Waterproof)
5. Sorel Tofino Boot
6. Sorel Glacy Snow Boot
7. BEARPAW Emma Short Boot
8. Columbia Bugaboot Plus II Omni-Heat Winter Boot
9. Columbia Minx Mid II Omni-Heat Winter Boot
10. Columbia Ice Maiden II Winter Boot
Other excellent winter boots are Skechers Grand Jams, BEARPAW Rosie, Columbia Ice Maiden II, and Kamik Momentum (Waterproof).
Best Winter Boots for Men
1. Columbia Liftop II Snow Boot (Waterproof)
2. Timberland 6 Inch Premium Boot Snow Boot
3. Merrell Thermo 6 Waterproof Winter Boot
4. Merrell Moab Polar Waterproof Winter Boot
5. Merrell Polarand 8 Waterproof Winter Boot
6. Salomon Nytro GTX M Snow Boot
7. Kamik Canuck Cold Weather Boot (Waterproof)
8. Kamik Greenbay 4 Cold Weather Boot (Waterproof)
9. Sorel 1964 Premium T Boot (Waterproof)
10. Sorel Caribou Extreme Snow Boot (Waterproof)
Other excellent winter boots are Pajar Trooper, KEEN Anchorage Waterproof, VS-100 Winter Boots, and Salomon Toundra Mid WP.
According to Farmers’ Almanac, the publication that correctly anticipated last year’s winter conditions, there will be more snow and cold this winter. It’s because (inexplicably) the polar vortex moved to plunge closer toward the United States. Polar vortex is a large-scale cyclone that normally circles between the lowest portion of the earth’s atmosphere (troposphere) and the second major layer of earth’s atmosphere (stratosphere). Although, polar vortex is weaker during the warmest season of the year, it’s strongest during the coldest season. A realistic prediction for this year is that people might reach for their winter coats earlier than usual.
You may also like: