One of the best experiences of any hiking activity that is not always found in other outdoor recreations is its thrill of adventure the moment you step into the great outdoors. It’s already known that hiking has significant health benefits for the heart, mind, and body. But to maximize the awesomeness, you need to have the best hiking boots that can give support, protection, and all-day comfort.
According to a study, hiking has the following health benefits:
- It lessens incidence of cancer, heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- It reduces bad LDL cholesterol.
- It regulates blood pressure.
- It prevents Gallstone surgery.
- It puts you in good mood.
- It promotes strong and healthy bones.
- It reduces hip and lower limb injuries.
- It improves stability and balance.
Speaking of outdoor scenery which you can discover without spending much because you go there on foot, fall is probably the best season to go hiking because you will get that added colored landscape – the awesome fall foliage. Activity preparation is important and having the right equipment can always make the difference in your experience going there and back.
With today’s innovative technologies, the best hiking boots are more sure-footed, excellent in keeping your feet aligned with your body regardless of terrain, efficient in responsive support even if you have heavy backpack, excellent in keeping your feet warm and dry, and awesome in waterproof construction.
Table of Contents
10 Best Hiking Boots for Women
Here’s a list of the best hiking boots for women (in no particular order):
1. Merrell Moab 2 Vent Mid – Best lightweight boot, RW
2. Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof – Best bang for your buck, OutdoorGearLab
3. Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX – Best backpacking boot, RW
4. KEEN Targhee III Waterproof Mid
5. Hoka One One Sky Arkali – Best comfort, OutdoorGearLab
6. La Sportiva Spire GTX – Best overall, OutdoorGearLab
7. La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX
8. Lowa Renegade GTX Mid
9. Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX – Best hiking shoe, RW
10. Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX – Best midweight boot, RW
For serious backpacking grade, you might want the Merrell Moab 2 Vent Mid which has an Air Cushion technology that is capable of absorbing shock up to four times your body’s weight. Merrell Moab is also excellent for overpronators who have foot issues because of postural deformity.
The Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX boot will also be one of the best options for serious backpacking adventure because of its Vibram Drumlin/Mont outsole which features aggressive tread and exceptional cushioning, Multi-density PU and EVA midsole for lightweight yet durable shock absorption and support, Sock-Fit Construction which reduces bulk and enhances fit for incredible comfort, and GORE-TEX Extended Comfort membrane which ensures waterproof breathability in wet conditions.
10 Best Hiking Boots for Men
Here’s a list of the best hiking boots for men (in no particular order):
1. Hoka One One Toa GTX – Top pick, OutdoorGearLab
2. The North Face Ultra 109 Waterproof – Best buy, OutdoorGearLab
3. Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX – Best hiking shoe, RW
4. Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX – Best midweight boot, RW
5. La Sportiva Spire GTX – Best do-it-all model, OutdoorGearLab
6. KEEN Targhee III Waterproof Mid
7. Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX – Best backpacking boot, RW
8. Merrell Moab 2 Vent Mid – Best lightweight boot, RW
9. Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof – Best bang for your buck, OutdoorGearLab
10. Lowa Renegade GTX Mid
Among the best things you can do when hiking are fishing, picking seasonal fresh fruits, tracking small wild animals, climbing up and down diverse trails, taking photos of everything, and taking time to sit and watch as nature unfolds before you. But don’t forget to check your destination ahead of time and never hike in areas where it’s not permitted.
According to Discovery News, the best hiking spots in the United States are the Pacific Coast Trail, Appalachian Trail, Grand Canyon National Park, Yosemite National Park, Glacier National Park, John Muir Trail, Zion National Park, Arches National Park, Mount Whitney, and Denali National Park.
You may also like:
- Crocs Classic Clog Review
- Birkenstock Arizona Review
- Best Summer Sandals
- Telic Sandals Review
- Best Running Shoes for Heavy Men
Disclosure: As Salomon, KEEN, Zappos, REI, and Roadrunnersports Associate, we use affiliate links and earn commission income from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. Want to know how we’re funded?