If one of your main strengths is dribbling the ball or if your current position calls for such a skill, the adidas Nemeziz 19.1 should be at the top of your list of soccer cleats. This cleat is not only excellent in ball control but in accuracy of passing and power shots as well.
The adidas nemeziz 19.1 is the official soccer cleats of Lionel Messi for the 2019-2020 season. The first version of Nemeziz soccer cleats was launched in 2017 as an agility soccer cleat to match the style of play of Messi. And it has lived up to its name and Messi scored 57 goals in the 2016-2017 season. Since then, the Nemeziz has been his official soccer cleat for FC Barcelona and the Argentina national football team.
The adidas Nemeziz 19.1 has a lot of soft padding inside to keep your foot stable and comfortable throughout the game even if it goes for an extra time. The adaptive construction and Tensiontape technology maximize your agility and ability to accelerate and make a quick change direction.
This soccer cleat has mix blade and round studs which is preferred by both amateur and professional soccer players because they have the best of both worlds – stability, superior turning ability, and quick release from ground. The Nemeziz 19.1 weighs 7.8 oz and is only 0.8 oz heavier than Cristiano Ronaldo’s Nike Mercurial Superfly 7.
Table of Contents
1. Key Features of adidas Nemeziz 19.1
2. Famous Soccer Players Who Are Using the adidas Nemeziz 19.1
3. Our Experience with adidas Nemeziz 19.1
4. Who Should Wear the adidas Nemeziz 19.1?
5. Who Should Not Buy the adidas Nemeziz 19.1
6. Final Thoughts on adidas Nemeziz 19.1
Key Features of adidas Nemeziz 19.1
- Weight: 7.8 oz
- A low cut v-shaped collar which allows for an easier entry into the shoe along with a uniform fit and rotational freedom around the ankle
- A new upper which utilizes an adaptive construction and Tensiontape to provide an easy entry into the boot, while still offering an adaptive fit and feel
- A central lacing system which allows you to tighten your fit, customizing how snug you want your boot to fit to your foot
- Torsionframe which supports radical, multidirectional movements without sacrificing any stability
- A split plate tooling which offers support and traction while keeping some natural freedom in your foot
Famous Soccer Players Who Are Currently Using the adidas Nemeziz 19.1
The adidas Nemeziz 19.1 is an official soccer cleat of:
- Lionel Messi, Forward for FC Barcelona
- Ciro Immobile, Forward for SS Lazio
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Defender for Manchester United FC
- Ryan Gravenberch, Defender for AFC Ajax
- Isco, Midfielder for Real Madrid CF
- Gianluca Caprari, Forward for Parma Calcio 1913
- Bernardo Silva, Midfielder for Manchester City FC
- Presnel Kimpembe, Defender for Paris Saint-Germain FC
- Hatem Ben Arfa, Midfielder for Real Valladolid
- Houssem Aouar, Midfielder for Olympique Lyonnais
- Thomas Partey, Midfielder for Atletico Madrid
- Jesse Lingard, Midfielder for Manchester United FC
- Kieran Trippier, Defender for Atletico Madrid
- Nadiem Amiri, Midfielder for Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- Harvey Barnes, Defender for Leicester City FC
Note: These are some of the top soccer players currently using the adidas Nemeziz 19.1. In fact, over 200 famous players in the Champions League are using this soccer cleat for the 2019-2020 season.
Our Experience with adidas Nemeziz 19.1
Our tester who spent many hours on the adidas Nemeziz 19.1 used it on drills and practice shooting. But because of the present situation, we were unable to test this cleat on an actual match. But as soon as we are cleared to go back to the field along with other players, we will test this cleat on how it will perform on various field positions: forward, midfield, and defense. After 2 months of testing, we are ready to give a feedback on what to expect with adidas Nemeziz 19.1.
Although this soccer cleat is not the lightest of all cleats, it is fast and agile enough to give you confidence in handling the ball long enough to create havoc on the defensive line-up of the opposing team. The touch on the ball is sharp and precise. And it has a stiffer outsole that can give you stability and power when sprinting and changing direction. According to our tester, this soccer cleat is excellent in giving him support in making those power shots.
Who Should Wear the adidas Nemeziz 19.1?
If you are a midfielder or a forward, this soccer cleat is for you. It is lightweight, fast, and agile. Although some top defenders also use it – Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Ryan Gravenberch, Presnel Kimpembe, Kieran Trippier, and Harvey Barnes to name a few. But we are not sure if its durability can match the physical role of defenders being more demanding than other positions on the pitch. Our tester who used this cleat on a firm ground said that the front of the outsole started to peel off after a few sessions of testing it on power shots.
The stretchable low cut v-shaped collar allows for an easier entry into the shoe but helps lock down your foot once you lace up and step into action. The Nemeziz 19 has a laceless version, the Nemeziz 19+, which is more expensive but doesn’t have the custom lockdown you’ll get with the Nemeziz 19.1 through its laces. But the laceless model has a softer and more form fitting material in the laceless strikezone. And at least 50 top professional soccer players are using the Nemeziz 19+ – Roberto Firmino, Serge Gnabry, Eder Militao, Takumi Minamino, and Lucas Torreira to name a few.
Who Should Not Buy the adidas Nemeziz 19.1
This soccer cleat is true to size in terms of length but may run narrow if you have super wide feet. Although adidas has adjusted the size of this cleat to be wider than its predecessor, the adidas Nemeziz 18.1, which can fit only narrow feet. So if you have extra wide feet, it might be a challenge putting it on and you may need a longer break-in period.
But once your foot is able to adjust, it will be super comfortable because the soft insole and padding inside will give you a lot of cushion on all sides of your foot. adidas cleats are excellent in expanding and adjusting to the size of your foot, giving you that custom fit you need. And these soccer cleats can stay that way throughout their lifetime on the pitch to ensure optimum performance.
But the Nemeziz 19.1 didn’t make it to our top 10 best soccer cleats of 2020 because many soccer players didn’t find the fit and material that impressive compared to other new soccer cleats.
Final Thoughts on adidas Nemeziz 19.1
The adidas Nemeziz 19.1 is Lionel Messi’s official soccer cleat for the 2019-2020 season. Although it is not identical to the actual cleat he is wearing. If he is your favorite player, wearing this cleat will give you a taste of what it’s like to wear his favorite shoe. Although adidas customized Messi’s actual cleat further to help him achieve the optimium performance he needs on a high level competition.
This soccer cleat is fast, agile, and has a sharp and precise touch on the ball. It will help you deliver an accurate pass, as well as the power shot you need to score a goal. The adidas Nemeziz 19.1 is now wider compared to its predecessor. And it can accommodate a variety of foot structures. This is good news to those who long to wear this cleat before but were kept from doing so because of its narrow fit.
You may also like: