Featured cleats: Nike Mercurial Superfly VI MG iD
When you’re just starting out as a soccer player, it’s important that you get the best equipment possible to maximize comfort and support during training. Since you’re already aware that you have to prepare your body for high impact activity where you have to last at least 90 minutes, how to get to your tip-top shape determines how well you choose your equipment. Of all the soccer equipment available, the most important piece is your footwear.
The best soccer shoes for beginners are cleats that are built for comfort or are designed to put comfort first before anything else. Since the modern soccer shoe already provide an ergonomic functionality for optimum performance, protection, and comfort, there are soccer shoes that are exceptionally comfortable and these are the ones you should have.
There are two types of soccer shoe materials – leather and synthetic – with leather as the most comfortable material. But depending on the type of shoe material you choose, the best soccer shoe is snug in every part of your foot the moment you try it on. Having said that, you should avoid wearing soccer shoes that aren’t comfortable or don’t fit well.
There are five types of soccer shoes:
- Firm Ground cleats for natural grass
- FG/AG Hybrid cleats for natural and artificial grass
- Soft Ground cleats for wet and muddy fields
- Artificial Grass/Hard Ground cleats
- Indoor Soccer cleats
Wearing the right shoe for the right field or surface is very important for the newcomer.
Best Firm Ground Soccer Shoes for Beginners
Here’s a list of the best firm ground soccer shoes for beginners (in no particular order):
1. PUMA Evopower Vigor 3 FG
2. PUMA King Top Di FG
3. PUMA evoSPEED 1.5 Tricks FG
4. ASICS DS Light X-Fly 2 MS
5. adidas Copa Mundial
6. adidas X 17+ Purespeed FG
7. adidas ACE 17.2 Primeknit FG
8. adidas X 17+ Purespeed FG
9. adidas MESSI 16+ Pureagility FG
10. Nike Premier II FG
11. Nike Hypervenom Phantom 3 DF FG
12. Nike Mercurial Vapor XI FG
13. Nike Mercurial Superfly V FG
14. Nike Tiempo Legend VII FG
15. Nike Hypervenom Phelon III Dynamic Fit FG
16. Nike Mercurial Victory VI Dynamic Fit FG
17. Diadora Maracana Leather
18. New Balance Furon 3.0 Pro FG
19. Mizuno Wave Ignitus 4 (MIJ)
20. Mizuno Morelia Neo II (MIJ)
The soccer shoes with round studs give more stability and support and are usually used by forwards and strikers. Round studs are best for muddy and wet conditions when you play on natural grass. These soccer shoes are simply the favorites because they reduce pressure on the joints.
The cleats with blade studs (or mix blade and round studs) provide more grip on the ground as well as superior turning ability and are usually used by defenders and midfielders. There’s a growing number of amateur and professional soccer players who prefer the mix blade and round studs because they have the best of both worlds: stability, superior turning ability, and quick release from ground.
Best Turf Soccer Shoes for Beginners
Here’s a list of the best turf soccer shoes for beginners (in no particular order):
1. Nike HypervenomX Proximo II Dynamic Fit TF
2. Nike HypervenomX Phelon III Dynamic Fit TF
3. Nike MercurialX Victory VI TF
4. Nike MagistaX Proximo II TF
5. Nike MercurialX Proximo II TF
6. Nike MercurialX Finale II TF
7. Nike TiempoX Ligera IV TF
8. Nike MagistaX Onda II Dynamic Fit TF
9. adidas Mundial Team
10. adidas ACE Tango 17+ Purecontrol TF
Turf soccer shoes have better comfort and support than the regular soccer shoes due to the smaller protrusions on the sole of the shoes. They are also more flexible and absorb shock better than the regular soccer shoes. Although, wearing turf shoes may not be allowed on official tournaments, you can use them during practice especially when the field is not in its best form. Turf shoes are also helpful if you experience foot fatigue but couldn’t miss a practice with your team.
Best Indoor Soccer Shoes for Beginners
Here’s a list of the best indoor soccer shoes for beginners (in no particular order):
1. JOMA Top Flex
2. JOMA Super Regate
3. adidas Mundial Goal
4. adidas Samba Classic
5. adidas ACE 16.3 Primemesh IN
6. adidas MESSI 16.3 IN
7. Nike Mercurial X Proximo II IC
8. Nike Hypervenom X Proximo IC
9. Nike Magista X Proximo II IC
10. Nike Magista X Onda II IC
You can also use an indoor soccer shoe for leisure and street wear because it mimics a lightweight sneaker or resembles a tennis shoe. Although, you have to be aware that indoor soccer shoes have less cushioning than running shoes so you might need to add special shoe inserts to provide more comfort and support if you use them for running.