On Running is a leading athletic shoe manufacturer which promises no compromise on cushioning and impact protection through its unique CloudTec technology that is engineered to deliver soft landing and explosive take-off
Featured shoe: On Cloudswift (best for hot weather, Runner’s World)
Underpronation (or supination) is the type of pronation of the foot that forces the outer part of your heel to receive majority of the impact during foot landing, then, distributes most of your body weight to your smaller toes at toe-off. This type of roll of foot has potential problems that can result to various foot conditions. The supinated foot motion also lacks absorption at heel-strike and can cause your foot to be vulnerable to pain in the smaller toes at take-off because the big toe won’t help them carry your body weight.
If you have supination and On is your favorite brand of shoe, this article will help you narrow down your search to your best shoes.
What are the best On shoes for underpronation (supination)?
The best On shoes for underpronation are neutral-cushioned shoes which are flexible and well-cushioned enough to allow your foot to be as flexible as possible without sacrificing support and comfort. It is also important to know that supinators should avoid the neutral shoes with minimalist design because they won’t have the right cushioning and heel-to-toe drop that are ideal for underpronation. Although, not all low drop running shoes have less cushioning and some you may find comfortable if you really prefer the shoes with more contact with the ground.
The best On shoes for underpronation (supination) have:
- anatomically-engineered mesh upper which is soft and breathable for ultimate comfort and airflow
- lace-up closure with a star-lacing configuration that brings more mesh from the shoe’s flank
- two-layer Helion-enriched CloudTec Speedboard which promotes the natural rolling motion of the foot and facilitates efficient energy transfer from landing to take-off
- connected forefoot which distributes pressure as the foot lands
- external TPU heel counter for ultimate support
- CloudTec outsole technology which delivers soft landings followed by an explosive take-off