Mizuno is a leading athletic shoe manufacturer that is passionate about sports and is committed to crafting the high-quality products you need to push forward
Featured shoe: Mizuno Wave Sky Waveknit 3 (plushest ride, RW)
Underpronation (or supination) is the type of pronation of the foot that forces the outer part of your heel to receive majority of the impact during foot landing, then, distributes most of your body weight to your smaller toes at toe-off. This type of roll of foot has potential problems that can result to various foot conditions. The supinated foot motion also lacks absorption at heel-strike and can cause your foot to be vulnerable to pain in the smaller toes at take-off because the big toe won’t help them carry your body weight.
If you have supination and Mizuno is your favorite brand of shoe, this article will help you narrow down your search to your best shoes.
What are the best Mizuno shoes for underpronation (supination)?
The best Mizuno shoes for underpronation are neutral-cushioned shoes which are flexible and well-cushioned. It is also important to know that supinators should avoid the neutral shoes with minimalist design because they won’t have the right cushioning and heel-to-toe drop that are ideal for underpronation. Although, not all low drop running shoes have less cushioning and some you may find comfortable if you really prefer the shoes with more contact with the ground.
The best Mizuno shoes for underpronation (supination) have:
- AeroHug upper construction which provides an adaptive fit in all stages of runners gait
- breathable sockliner and internal heel counter which offers a snug, sock-like fit
- PEBAX Wave Plate which provides softer cushioning, and enhanced response
- U4icX midsole works together with the XPOP polyurethane foam for a softer underfoot feel and smoother transitions
- Mizuno Intercool ventilation system for maximum breathability
- Dynamotion Fit construction which minimizes the stress the foot places on the upper, reducing buckling and heightening the fit
- redesigned Infinity Wave geometry and shape which provides long-lasting, plush cushioning and response
- full-length U4ic bottom midsole which promotes a smoother, softer, more flexible ride
- Pebax Rnew technology which offers balanced, lightweight, and flexible wear for optimum cushioning and stability